View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 02:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Not sure if I'm alright now?

So I'm a 21 year old guy from New Zealand and I'm just wanting someone to answer my questions if it makes sense, its hard to describe the feeling so it might not make too much sense

So a long story short, I hit my head (temple region) on hard packed soil at the beginning of February 2011 coming off my mountain bike over the handle bars, I wasn't wearing a helmet (thought I wouldn't need as I was "too close to home for something to happen"). I ended up getting up from the ground, my bro said I was repeating things all the time and took me back up to the house where a nurse came to check me out and then recommended I go to the hospital.

I started gaining my consciousness back later that night before my parents left me to stay over night there. I got a CT scan the next day and they said my brain was fine and sent me off home.

Anyways learnt my lesson to wear a helmet and seat belt at all times when on the bicycle or in a vehicle.

So what I'm here for is that I'm not sure if I'm fine, or its just my anxiety telling me that I'm not. I was a big worrier even before the crash.

I can still remember things from the hospital, who was across from me in the next beds so my brain seems to be logging events even that far back (I still have all my memory before the crash too).

My memory seems fine but I'm always finding myself trying to go over what happened during the day or the week just in case I some how forgot what happen and to see if I'm having memory problems, then I freak out if I somehow don't remember doing the smallest things that I do in my routine everyday like having a shower in the morning etc.

Its as if I'm expecting my memory to remember 100% of the things during the day. Then I get down if I can't somehow remember a small thing. Which I think is the anxiety making me not let go and making me think I'm having problems.

My learning seems fine, I'm remembering things people taught me, I can remember the small things and the thoughts I was having at that time during the day or week.

I'm sorry if the stuff I've just written doesn't make sense but I'm thinking maybe its the anxiety keeping myself from knowing that my mind/brain is 100% healed now? Does anxiety have a big affect on me preventing that I'm feeling all good?

I want to start training Judo again but I always think "should I just wait a month more or so?" Just so I don't happen to hit my head and make me more worried.
mae-7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote