View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 04:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Nanspain

Just read through your posts your doing great for so soon after surgery. I had a different type of scs installed so I could drive as soon as I wanted to but I think it was probably week 4 before I felt I could really handle the journey as well as the part of where I was going . what i mean is if you drive to the shops remember you still can't lift out the shopping!! I think it does get harder to remember the no bending stretching thing at about 5 weeks as you really feel better and its easy to forget those leads in our spine but as you said it's up to you now, there are no docs watching but if your anything like me your family will help keep you in check!!

I never had the twitches and spasms and i am sure the other experts on the forum will explain them but in my opinion when you go to get programmed they can probably help to control them or eliminate them for you.

Keep doing what your doing , rest lots and as my doctor said to me when I told him I was sleeping so much as so tired after the scs he explained it to me that for 2 years I only ever slept in Pain which was never for long so my body took a lot of time to catch up on all the sleep and rest it needed.

You seem to have a very supportive family and it is one thing all of us on this forum seem to have been so lucky with partners and children understanding our pain and helping us through.

wishing you a speedy return to hopefully a pain free life!!

xx jenna
irljenn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (05-22-2011), nanspain (05-26-2011), ron h (05-22-2011)