View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 08:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face Rollercoaster continues :(

Still on the rollercoaster. Went to the vascular surgeon. He did a dopler on the left wrist and said that there was excellent bloodflow to the hand. When he continued with the exam he found an irregular heartbeat that concerned him. My internist/cardiologist is in the same building. I h ave MVP but I don't think that should cause the problem. Maybe the Tens Unit? They brought me right in had a quick exam and an EKG. I guess they heard something so I wore the Holter Heart Monitor for 24 hours. Handed it in on Friday and should hear by Monday. Assuming it isn't anything serious or they would have called Friday night or sometime over the weekend. I have an appointment this Friday with the Rheumatoid Arthritis Doctor, getting a ton of bloodwork for him and internist on Tuesday with a full physical the following Friday. Just love all the doctor visits. Then my 6 month check with OSS on June 8th. Hope there is enough bone growth to stop wearing the Cervical Stim. The joys of getting old.
Hope everyone has a painfree and enjoyable weekend.

12/9/2010 ACDF C5-6 C6-7 with plate, screws,
BMP & bone fragment filled cages
2/14/2011 trying to go back to work as a teacher
2/17/2011 starting PT
wearing bone stimulator 4 hours a day
DDD, arthritis, herniated disks, pinched nerves
3 months saw a little bit of bone growth (YEAH)
4/15/2011 Home Tens Unit

Dealt with the pain and issues for more than 5 years
tried PT, chiropractic, acupuncture, cervical epidural shots and selective nerve root blocks prior to surgery
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote