View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 08:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Aniie,

Oops. I have trouble with numbers, but I never forget a name.

I see my endo Tuesday for a Graves check-up. I'll ask him! Thanks. I'm not sure if I can catch an episode, though, because they often pass pretty quickly...and in the middle of one, getting to the lab is going to be an adventure! But it seems like the thing to do.

I think I know how reactive hypoglycemia feels to me. I used to get sick and shaky mid-morning if I ate only carbs and no protein for breakfast. These episodes feel a lot different--they're an intensification of my usualy myasthenic symptoms, which means trouble holding my body upright, and sometimes my legs don't hold me up either, and I collapse.

Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Hey, Abby, AnnieB6 here.

http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/mtime/mepisodic.html

Since you have a very good endocrinologist, why don't you have her put in standing lab orders for a comprehensive chem panel to be done for when you are having these "attacks?" You not only need to see what is going on with your potassium but other electrolytes, glucose, protein, kidney function, etc. Often what doctors can do is put standing orders at a hospital lab, so you can go in anytime of night or day.

A drop in glucose can cause weakness too. Do you have any signs of "reactive hypoglycemia?"

Annie
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote