Thread: Ketamine Safety
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 08:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Kathy,

Yes, ketamine is absolutely effective For RSD that is internal. When my ketamine starts wearing off, after maybe 3-4 weeks, I have issues... I can totally feel the difference. Then I get an infusion and things return to normal...

I take Zofran orally and it is administered for me during my infusions because I get so sick to my stomach from ketamine. That goes away within a day or so. Versed is administered to minimize any other effects of the ketamine and to help me sleep during and after my infusions. My doctors want me to rest on the days I get my treatments, the Versed is a good way to ensure I go home and take a nap instead of walking my dog or doing yard work! They know me too well!

The money part about pain management with docs is so profoundly painful. I agree with everything you said...it is an extremely profitable venture for a lot of docs, and you never know if what they recommend is really in YOUR best interests or theirs. after being sick for 4 and a half year years I've learned to be skeptical of the entire profession.

For me, ketamine works well. I need it in order to work, otherwise my pain gets to be too much because I get horrific head aches. My head always hurts, but as my ketamine starts wearing off I can't control the pain with any of my usual like Fiorcet or Frova.

Kathy, what's the status with your 5 day inpatient? I thought you might get that done? I truly hope that you give it a shot...keep us posted.

Xoxox Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote