View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

The last time (and believe me, it will be my last time), I had a nerve conduction test was about 7 years ago when I had some kind of problem with my arm and my doctor sent me for this test. I had previously had them when I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel years and years ago. I had remembered it was not the most pleasant of tests.

So there I was in this office, sitting on the table and this nurse comes over with what looked like a cattle prod. She just touched me once on my arm and I said "ow". She did it again a little higher and I said 'OW"

When she did it a third time on a different part of my arm, I jumped off the table and told her "if you come at me one more time with that thing, I'll punch you in your face". Honestly, lille ole me, little old nice Melody, with the kind smile and muffins, I actually threatened a nurse.

She just sighed and said "yes, I know, sometimes this test can be unpleasant".

I immediatly went on the bus back to my doctor's office (this was WAY before Dr. Fred) I burst into my doctor's office and started yelling "Are you nuts, sending me there"??? He just looked at me and sighed.

Yeah, I know. Sighs all around.

And Dr. Fred wants me to go for a colonscopy yet!!!!!!!!!

Someday, not now, but someday.

I'm doing the stress test first.

Haven't heard from hubby yet. I hope he's still alive in the hospital room.

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote