View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 10:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel ep3 05 View Post
Hey Sandy,

Thats great to hear that your ketamine treatment works great for you. May I ask how bad and how long your RSD was before you did your first ketamine treatment?

Thanks for your encouragment,

Nigel
hi Nigel,

I was injured November 2006, torn rotator cuff, surgery #1 May 2007, lots of PT, surgery #2 April 2008, lots of PT, diagnosed RSD June 28, 2008.

I have CRPS I. The worst year was the second year after diagnosis, when I needed to take sick leave from my job. It spread from my shoulder up -to my neck and the back of my head. It is also in my right leg. I have other issues like sensitivity to noise, vibrations, spasms in stomach, numbness in feet, etc.

I don't know how to describe how bad I was. It depended on whether I used my arms for the most part. The head pain for me was and still is the worst. Migraines could put me down for the count for days, any kind of illness goes to my head first. I can't let my head get too cold or get caught in a breeze for too long. And no one can touch it, except my husband because I know he won't hurt me. When I was diagnosed in NJ by Dr. Getson he said I had Brachial Plexus Stretch injury.

I hope I answered your questions. Good luck, Sandy

Last edited by SandyRI; 05-23-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: fixed name
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nigel ep3 05 (05-23-2011)