View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 01:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Answer? From neuro? hard to get!

So many stories of people who can't get an answer as to what something even is. He probably should have told you, Dejibo, that this is a spastic reaction caused by malfunctioning nerves, just like most MS is. I am sure the Hug is spasticity. At least in me it is. Spasticity can feel like different things, all the way from golf ball to strong pulling motion that makes cramps. Why couldn't he just say that? Because the situation is hopeless and he does not want to verbalize that?

I must say I've had some relief. Choosing food very carefully, always avoiding saturated fats, which Dr. Swank would say can trigger an MS reaction. Red meat will almost always give me this hug. Klonopin in small doses helps me, sorry it does not help you Dejibo. I take less than a child's dose; maybe you are trying too large a dose which could have a paradoxical reaction. And of course one must have enough magnesium and calcium. Equal amounts cal and mag are about right, and I take mine separately. I had
very little "hug" for years until I tried Interferon, on this regimen. Now it's better, although other things are not. B1 helps too. I use 100 mg a day.

What I need now is help for neuropathy, very painful neuropathy in feet. No real help, although wearing the right shoes and sox and keeping the toes clean and exercised helps.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
carebear01 (05-22-2011), tkrik (05-24-2011)