Thread: Doody??
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well I got the stitches out, replaced with steri strips, I think, and am still not supposed to soak in a tub for another week! Egads, I miss my whirlpool.

I told the doc I almost went to emergency yesterday late. Fell asleep on the couch and woke up with godawful pain on the inside of my knee and couldn't move a muscle. Every time I tried the pain was excruciating and I thought, oh crap, I broke something.

After about 10 minutes it subsided and I was able to roll over and get off the darned couch. So anyway, the doc said it was my kneecap causing the disturbance. He said he did a lot of 'spring cleaning' in my knee in addition to the repairs. Said my knee was a mess. Did some work shaving a lot of stuff away. Lordy, makes me sick thinking of it.

So I said, "Well! You told me you were up and doing 8 surgeries the day after your knee scope, and I've had tons of people tell me at work that they were up and about after 2 days, so I tried really hard to keep myself up and moving and resting in between."

He told me I went overboard and need to continue to realllllyyyy take it easy. That he did a lot of work in my knee and I was not everybody else.

Then my mom says "Well when he came in after surgery he told you to stay off your feet for the rest of the week and only walk as tolerated." Hello. I was like...numb brain at the time and that's what my parents were there for, to listen and relate to me at a later time, LOL.

Anyway, yeah I have to go back to work, I don't have enough leave to stay away.

I start a few rounds of PT starting Friday. And I can at least take the stocking off at night. They said to continue to wear it for a couple of weeks or until I feel comfortable enough not to have it on and the swelling is down.

Oi vey.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote