View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 02:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Colloid cyst

Hi Andy
I was particularly interested in your post as my much loved Auntie is in the very early stages of recovery after her operation at Nottingham Queens Medical Centre. Her op was last Wednesday after a sudden deterioration in her health over the last couple of weeks. It was discovered that she had a 2cm colloid cyst early last week.
Whilst understanding that she has undergone major surgery we are all a little worried about the effect on her short term memory. I would be interested to learn a little more about your experiences if you would be willing to share them with me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
Hi Kevburgh,
I am in the later stages of recovery following the removal of a Colloid Cyst at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, England in November 2008. I had a large cyst that first showed itself while causing various problems, including extreme headaches, it actually caused an intance of extreme pain which forced me stop my car one day and pull over into a local car park,...where I was found three days later and rushed to hospital! The Colloid Cyst was found by the A&E team and was operated on very quickly and successfully removed. I suffered terrible confusion, post surgery, which was compounded by extreme loss of memory, however my memory has pretty much returned and I have no other defecits or problems caused by the cyst. Having said that, I have not been able to return to work yet, but am volunteering my services four days per week as directed by the Occupational Therapy Department at Addenbrookes. I feel fully fit, well and am now desperate to get back to my usual work and prove my complete recovery. It's quite a long haul, but a Colloid Cyst need not change your life forrever, it's certainly not pleasant, but with patience and good surgical care, it's not life ending.
Rlball27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote