View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Hi Nan

Hmmmmm...... twitches and spasms, anyway the primary pain culprits of that sort went away with the earlier fusions. I used to notice some spasms yet prior to the SCS, but I had to be still in order to feel them, and by using the SCS, no spasm was produced that I have detected. The burning nerve pain is that which has been handily managed with the SCS, and I do use it 24/7, although usually turn it down some at night/bedtime. The numbness of peripheral neuropathy from my knees down is permanent, and has not been affected by the SCS; interestingly, however, my wife and I have noticed that if I am laying on bed without socks..... one can observe my toes moving ever so slightly, apparently from the stim, although I can neither feel them nor produce the movement at will.

Now I reckon you are beyond a week and a day.... and are experiencing some lessening of the surgical pain. Two weeks after the implant surgery I met with the rep for the programming session in which i sat before his computer to actually select the programs for the unit myself. These faithful programs I have used ever since.

Prayin for improvement for you! Oh, and Nan, I waved at you as we drove the 77 down from Charleston, WV, through the narrow waist of Virginia into North Carolina during our recent travels....

Caring Loads,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nanspain (05-26-2011)