View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Home At Last

Interesting how adrenaline filled that first mad dash trip to North Carolina across nine states still left us with enough starch in our sails to spend the many hours with our son and daughter-in-law until delivery late afternoon the next day. After, we had picked up our daughter and wonderful team driver, Em, from the hotel to get a bit of supper at a restaurant. It was there that Em and I realised Cleo, my wife, was asleep with her eyes open at table in the restaurant. She jerked to wakefulness, and we truly began to realise how weary we were.

Taking the road home, we did finally arrive home Friday late, around 11:30pm and glad for our home, hearth, and beds. This brings me to this day's point of gratitude; namely, rest. It has taken a couple of days to fully rest from the road weary travels and passing of our granddaughter. I awakened from a nap after church [Cleo said I fell asleep in the pew during worship] and although not yet feeling 100%, I am glad to be back on board here sharing and caring with you all.

I am thankful for family who all pulled together so we could make the necessary trip to North Carolina. Without each pulling extra weight, our trip could not have happened. It was good we had been there.

Today, I was allowed to sing during worship a song honoring two of our congregation who celebrated this date their 60th wedding anniversary. The song "Because" was originally sung at their wedding in 1951, and it felt thrilling to be able to bring smiles to their faces as I helped bring the song back to life for them. Then, they repeated their first wedding kiss in front of our congregation to loud applause.

A fitting day of celebration. Even so, I was quite fatigued afterward, and though Cleo asked would I like to take lunch in a local favored cafe, I said I was too tired, and we came home to nap away the afternoon. Much needed indeed [I see Cleo was tired as well as she is still snoozing].

Thankfully, I have NOT experienced a pain spike as a result of our trip to North Carolina! This bodes well for our manner of travel [automobile with many pillows in the back seat for the resting driver] and for my stim. Indeed I am thankful the stim has done well for me!

Gratefully,
Mark56
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (07-17-2011)