View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 10:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Would love some ideas for my PCS

Hi all, Im an ICU nurse who suffered a TBI- coup-contrecoup closed head injury from a fall. My amnesia time is around 12 hours and my unconsciousness time is about 10 hrs. Ive been reading all these posts and have such respect for everyone going through this. Im only 4 weeks out. I have such waxing and waning symptoms that are making me so frustrated. I went back to work 3 weeks after my accident because i would have lost my insurance (had a back injury and now this equals 12 weeks of FMLA used this year). Im a night nurses as well, so my job requires intense physical and mental demands in the ICU. My first 2 shifts were so tough with all the stimulation and since then ive had such a tough time getting through my day. My limbs feel so useless, takes me hours to get out of bed. I had to call in sick tonight because i have absolutely no energy at all.
My current symptoms
Headaches
light sensitivity
ringing in ears (sometimes sounds like popcorn popping in my ears)
dizziness
extreme fatigue

Ive been seeing an acupuncturist, chiropractor, a therapist, massage therapy, getting B12 shots once a week, and saw an opthalmologist along with my primary care doctor
Im definetly a type A personality who always had an abundance of energy and now having absolutely none is really bothering me. Ive been reading about people taking anti-depressants....is this also to help with energy levels along with preventing depression. i dont necessarily think im getting depressed although i am bummed out about the length of time it will take to feel normal again and just want more energy. Besides resting...which i am getting really good at, are there any medicines that will give me more energy. Antidepressant suggestions? What about ADHD drugs?
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote