View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

nightnurse,

The most important thing you need to limit the fatigue is good REM sleep. You also need to avoid caffeine like the plague. Limit your intake to one serving a day. Stay away from MSG and any processed soy products.

The B-12 is useful but alone is not enough. Omega 3's, B-6 and all of the other B's and anti-oxidants will help over time.

Anti-depressants are definitely not prescribed to increase energy levels as they can/will cause excessive sleepiness. They do often help with the anxiety symptom of PCS, though.

ADHD drugs are usually stimulants that are counter to what the brain needs. It needs rest, not stimulation.

Unlike most ailments that doctors can treat the symptoms of with targeted meds, there is no med that will treat the broad array of symptoms of PCS. Each individual symptom needs to be addressed individually. Work-arounds and accommodations are the usual way of living with PCS.

Type A personalities are the toughest as dealing with PCS. We just don't want to accept that pushing harder will not overcome the limits.

I would be very careful with chiros if your chiro uses the head twist and pop adjustment technique for your neck. The neck after a concussion is traumatized enough without the additional stress of twist and pop chiro adjustments.

I hope you can find a way to get the rest you need. It will be key to your ability to return to work without continual absences.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote