View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 01:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How long should i be out of work to recover?

Just joined this forum today. Im now at 4 weeks after my coup-contre coup closed head injury. i went back to work for 2 -12 hour night shifts as an ICU nurse this past week. I cannot go back in any limited or "light duty" capacity and after those 2 shifts, ive been wiped out ever since, no energy at all. I was out on disability for 3 weeks. Now I've run out of FMLA and will lose my health benefits unless i started paying for cobra if i got back out on disability. This is the reason i came back to work so soon. How long was everyone else out of work. My job is very physically, mentally, and emotionally draining along with messing up my sleep cycle. Should i go back out longer to help my brain and body rest? Im worried about becoming depressed if i stop working again but also worried about making my recovery time longer by the demands of my job. What did everyone else do with work? Thanks for all your help and thoughts. Finding this forum today has been such a relief to know i am not alone and that the symptoms im experiencing are happening to others with this type of injury. Wishing you all a speedy recovery
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote