View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 03:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by boytos View Post
Personaly i'm fit; weak shoulders, hard upper trap
4 months ago I could do 7 pull ups with 30kg on top of my body weight and 10 dips with an additional 40kg .

I now use between 1 and 5kg dumbells for my rhomboid and lower mid trap exercises (and have stopped all pec and lat exercises) so Im pretty sure theres an imbalance!!
(on top of which I do cardiovascular exercise 4-5 times a week but have still put on a stone of fat from not being at work !) Nice to know I've being emphasizing all the wrong exercises all these years !

I thought this extract below was intersting.My thumbs point almost directly inwards

Quote:
**** In the book 'Posture, Get it Straight!' Janice Novak recommends sleeping on your back if you have rounded shoulders. She also recommends the 'hitchhiker' exercise.
·"Let your arms hang naturally by your sides.
· Notice where your thumbs are pointing. If the thumbs are pointing in towards your thighs [or not pointing straight ahead], then your shoulders are too rounded.
·Externally rotate your arms as if you were hitchhiking with both hands. Your thumbs should end up pointing behind you, as if you were hitchhiking. You should feel your shoulders widen.
·Next, press your shoulders down and let your arms relax. You should find that your thumbs end up pointing straight ahead. +This is the anatomically correct position for your hands when your arms hang by your sides. Your palms should face your thighs and your thumbs should be pointing straight ahead.

Last edited by plexus; 05-23-2011 at 04:42 AM.
plexus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote