View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 05:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
hi Nigel,

I was injured November 2006, torn rotator cuff, surgery #1 May 2007, lots of PT, surgery #2 April 2008, lots of PT, diagnosed RSD June 28, 2008.

I have CRPS I. The worst year was the second year after diagnosis, when I needed to take sick leave from my job. It spread from my shoulder up -to my neck and the back of my head. It is also in my right leg. I have other issues like sensitivity to noise, vibrations, spasms in stomach, numbness in feet, etc.

I don't know how to describe how bad I was. It depended on whether I used my arms for the most part. The head pain for me was and still is the worst. Migraines could put me down for the count for days, any kind of illness goes to my head first. I can't let my head get too cold or get caught in a breeze for too long. And no one can touch it, except my husband because I know he won't hurt me. When I was diagnosed in NJ by Dr. Getson he said I had Brachial Stretch injury.

I hope I answered your questions. Good luck, Sandy
Hey Sandy,

So you had quite a history before you tried the ketamine

Its quite strange as I can touch my knee and lower right leg without any problem. Sometimes I even massage it to distract the pain and encourage blood flow to it without any pain

One question I have REALLY been wanting to ask for a long time is - After doing some research, I understand that CRPS develops when an injury doesn't follow a normal healing path (please correct me if im wrong). In my case, my most probable cause of CRPS was due to a hamstring tendinitis injury which I kept straining/abusing over a period of two months, which eventually developed into CRPS.

At the moment, as weeks pass, my hamstring tendon & lower part of my hamstring are becoming more 'injured' as they are feeling more bruised, spasming/twitching more, more delicate to touch and I get that sharp pain and the throbbing/aching is more intense when I extend my knee. That being said, im 90% of the day in rest mode, just slowly walking around the house and trying to control my pain. I also have a goodish diet and im overall healthy.

So my questions are -

1.) Will my hamstring tendinitis remain 'unhealed' and worsen over time?

2.) If the ketamine procedure works, and takes away my RSD pain, will my tendinitis automatically start to heal normally?

3.) Should I be taking any specific nutrition/vitamins?

Furthermore, its strange that when I sleep at night, the pain/symptoms starts to decrease and when I wake up in the morning (my foot looks completely normal!) the pain/symptoms starts to build up till its unbearable till before I sleep at night. It's as though I need to be asleep for longer hours that am awake (if that makes any sense?).
nigel ep3 05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote