Thread: Munchausen
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 09:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Hubby with RSD--Well, Munchausen is DELIBERATELY and INTENTIONALLY FAKING of "feigning" illness for SECONDARY GAIN (in the context of the Insurance Companies), for MONEY.

Now, I am by no means an expert, but for an IME doc to "label" someone with the Pshychiatric Term of "Munchhausen"...FIRST, they need to be a QUALIFIED Psychiatrist or Psychologist; secondly, this Psych would have to administer the MMPI test... a MEDICAL MD CANNOT DIAGNOSIS PSCYCHIATRIC CONDITIONS--they may have a "suspicion", BUT, a COMPETENT MD would REFER the patient to a Psych for PROPER psychiatric diagnosis...(which includes conducting the appropriate TESTS)....

Who on EARTH is this IME???? Does your friend have an atty?? This IME needs to be DE_BUNKED PRONTO...

Certainly, with severe RSD and intractable PAIN, SOME patients may END UP having serious psych issues (SUICIDE comes to mind...) but psych conditions are NOT the CAUSE of RSD...I am not sure what studies are out there re Munchausen's and RSD--maybe some of the more experienced and knowledgeable contributors to this forum can steer you in the right direction.

OMG--my blood is boiling for what your friend is being subjected to.

Brokenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote