View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Anyone who offers RFA for RSD doesn't have a clue what they are doing. I would find another doctor...honestly. RFA is truly bad news and has messed a lot of people up.

When I wanted to try ketamine I obtained the list of ketamine docs from the RSDSA and picked several docs off the list and arranged for appointments. Since I live in southern New England and there were no practictioners in the area at the time that offered ketamine, my husband needed to take me to NYC and South Jersey for consults. It took a long time for me to finally start receiving treatments, I was placed on a waiting list with for months with Getson's office (several months longer than they promised). After I had been with Getson for a few months a doctor began offering them here in my state, and I no longer had to travel out of state for my treatments.

I am glad that I started with Getson - I was fortunate to do the 10 day outpatient protocol, and then 2 days a week for a month.

You may not want to put all your eggs in one basket -by that, I mean don't ever rely on just one doc for your future. Everyone's protocol, staffing, and facility is different. It pays to do your research before your initial treatment. There is a huge difference between the high dose inpatient, and the various low dose outpatient infusions that the docs are offering. And depending on where its done, your insurance may or may not cover some or all of it.

Good luck, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote