View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6kiddos View Post
Thanks Sandy.
Really, I just want to hear what they suggest. If it is Ketamine I need to think about that too. I am also going to look into Dr.'s along the way of our road trip.

J

You may want to call now to see what you need to do for an appt. Some docs may let you schedule one with just a referral from your primary care or PM doc. Getson requires a self-prepared package of infomation with all of your reports and a timeline, a very time consuming project because you need to contact all of your docs and get your office notes sent to you first. Once he gets your package, he reviews it and decides whether he will see you. It took several months for the whole process to play out...

I also made an appt with Dr. Schwartzman in Philly several years ago, but I had already completed a few months of ketamine treatment by the time that rolled around, so I cancelled it.

I hope you get into to see that doc soon. And I'm fairly certain that as long as you are responding (even if just for 8 hours) to blocks, there is still a chance that they could be effective in putting you into remission. It's when they stop working at all that it's time to stop them.

xoxo Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote