View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

MotorsMommy

New symptoms can be so scary. Not knowing how long they'll last. Not knowing how to relieve them.

I've had some episodes of numbness and it's troubling. Fortunately, they've all resolved themselves with time. But I know time seems to stand still when it's you that's experiencing it.

Can you check with your doctor and see if he can fit you in as an emergency visit? Or at least put you on the cancellation list in case an earlier appointment opens up? If it gets worse or you get too scared call 911 or go to the ER.

Do you have any family nearby that can help out while you're recovering? I'm not sure how old your kids are but I know that it's not easy even when you're in the best of health.

Stress can send our MS symptoms into overdrive. I know it's hard to not get stressed out at certain circumstances in life but if you can find a way to relax or at least lessen the stress that will help.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things ease up for you soon and you can take a deep breath. Your friends here will help you!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-23-2011), Friend2U (05-27-2011), Judy2 (05-24-2011), Motors Mommy (05-23-2011), SallyC (05-23-2011)