Thread: Munchausen
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Again Hubby w RSD--well, ALL Medical Doctors are required to do a rotation in various disciplines...however, a 6 month "stint" does NOT qualify a MEDICAL Doctor to be a Psychiatrist...let alone DIAGNOSE a psychiatric disorder...

If your friend's attorney is SHARP, he will do the homework re this particular IME to EXPOSE HIS BIAS. First, the atty should DEPOSE the IME, and GRILL him re his "qualifications", other cases is which he testified, what PERCENTAGE of his Medical practice is DEVOTED to DEFENSE exams, etc...the particular IMEs experience and QUALIFICATIONS in TREATING PATIENTS wtih RSD, not to mention how he arrived at a PSYCHIATRIC diagnosis...a good attorney could make MINCE-MEAT of this guy.... and IMPEACH HIM---and jurors do NOT LIKE "shady" paid for by the IC docs....it blows uo in the Defenses' face, and potentially results in an outcome VERY MUCH in favor of the plaintiff..if this is CIVIL litigation (as opposed to Workers Comp) the monetary damages could be staggering...

Well, I might just have to do a little research re Munchausen's/RSD...frankly, I do not believe there really is much out there, but I am not sure. It is more of a "legal myth" that the Insurance Companies would like to perpetuate...

Brokenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote