View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 03:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty SLC View Post
Bob,
I don't remember how bad off you use to be Bob but can you wear shoes all day at work with no problem? If so was there a time when wearing shoes was practically impossible for you at work?
Wearing shoes all day is a must as a working locksmith, and hardware installer. Finding the right work shoes was the challenge, and still is. It seems that when I find a shoe that feels right, they discontinue the model and replace it with something created on another last. When I find a shoe that is right, I will buy 2 or 3 pairs, so that they will last for a while. Usually by the time I go thru the 3 pair (about a pair a year), I can't find the same model and have to go thru the hunting all over again.
I save the older shoes for rainy/snowy days and try to make the others
last a bit longer that way.
I've been fairly lucky with New Balance Velcro Walkers and Dr Scholl's walkers (velcro & laced) for work shoes. I am a born flat-foot. Cannot stand arches built into the shoe. I take out the factory innersoles with the arches and replace them with full gel innersoles and foam cushion pads on top of that. When I go to buy shoes, if the innersole won't come out, or the arch is built into the base of the shoe - its not for me. I take gels and foam with me to put into the new shoes in the store, to try on new pairs.
I only am successful about 20% of the time (maybe less- I've tried on 6-8 pair of shoes at a single store and come away zero).