View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 04:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I totally understand how you feel, trust what Mark is saying, he knows tons here.

I just learned that speech therapists are actually speech and cognitive therapists, so they are the ones that can help with cognition (not just speech as is commonly thought)

REST REST REST. It is one of the single most important things you can do for your brain. I know you are sick of it, I get that way too. But with your environment with the kids, etc. any rest you do get, gets used up immediately. There doesn't sound like a reserve is able to build up.

I have alot here to do with animals and have limited help, so I really can relate!! Plus you WANT to do things, you get bored, but when you try, you get overloaded...and for me, that means REST again. Ugh, I know!

Rest any time you feel your symptoms. Try to build up more of a reserve and don't judge yourself for not being able to do what you used to. I did that and fought the process, that's why I am STILL dealing with this over a year later... I didn't listen and it prolongs the healing process.

Rest and then do something you CAN tolerate, but only for a min or two. Then rest more. As soon as you feel any symptoms, back off and rest. Even if it is only 5 min later.

This is like no other injury and it takes lots of time, months and even years. It is hard to get used to that idea, but it really helps to slow down and go easy on yourself.

The group has been really reassuring to me in my process, so i hope this helps in some way

:-)
eponagirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-23-2011), sunshine77 (05-25-2011)