View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Well, Rach, it's sort of "sick humor," isn't it? Funny but not.

Why is it the norm for women to go through this nonsense? And the fact that everyone seems so accepting of women going through it is worse. No offense to any men who have gone through it but I guess we women are fragile pieces of glass who would fall apart at even the mere mention of a disease, let alone being able to live with one.

You know I read your blog already and really enjoy it. I was a bit disturbed by the suggestion of you going on Gabapentin! That is Neurontin. It has been shown to exacerbate MG, bring on MG and is somewhat suspected of causing MG. You can find articles on PubMed about it and MG. Approach drugs with caution, ok? Those pain meds can make CNS issues worse; POTS too.

I wish you could come here and have that procedure they have done on the vagus nerve where they sort of electrically "charge" it and bring it back to life (so you don't have gastroparesis anymore).

I'm grateful that you have come full circle and that, by your own perseverance under extreme duress, you have someone stating the obvious finally. I'd rather have an emotionless doctor who gets it than a nice one who can't buy a clue.

You just keep taking care of yourself the best you can and enjoy each day, like I know you do. Maybe there's a publisher over there who would pay you for your story. Someone needs to shine a light on the UK's unhealthy health system.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rach73 (05-24-2011)