View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 07:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
Wearing shoes all day is a must as a working locksmith, and hardware installer. Finding the right work shoes was the challenge, and still is. It seems that when I find a shoe that feels right, they discontinue the model and replace it with something created on another last. When I find a shoe that is right, I will buy 2 or 3 pairs, so that they will last for a while. Usually by the time I go thru the 3 pair (about a pair a year), I can't find the same model and have to go thru the hunting all over again.
I save the older shoes for rainy/snowy days and try to make the others
last a bit longer that way.
I've been fairly lucky with New Balance Velcro Walkers and Dr Scholl's walkers (velcro & laced) for work shoes. I am a born flat-foot. Cannot stand arches built into the shoe. I take out the factory innersoles with the arches and replace them with full gel innersoles and foam cushion pads on top of that. When I go to buy shoes, if the innersole won't come out, or the arch is built into the base of the shoe - its not for me. I take gels and foam with me to put into the new shoes in the store, to try on new pairs.
I only am successful about 20% of the time (maybe less- I've tried on 6-8 pair of shoes at a single store and come away zero).
Pretty much the same here for me as well. I've been using NB926's. I get them in a 5xwide and a size longer then I wear and mainly use them as slippers. It's mandatory where I work that my shoes be all leather so this has complicated it. But I now have a desk job and when I'm sitting at my desk which is 90% of the time off goes the shoes as fast as I can. When I drive or really anytime I sit down off comes the shoes. Even at church where I'm in a pretty seen position. Everyone knows my problem but it was really hard for me to swallow my pride. It's just that most ppl I've ran into with PN wear shoes so I wonder if I'm worse off then most, that's why I asked. If I had to wear shoes and stand all day at work I would maybe last a month before the pain would break me down to a non functioning employee. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Marty SLC; 05-24-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Marty SLC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote