View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 09:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=stevem53;770230]I had to prep for a colonoscopy on Tuesday..Colonoscopy was on Wed morning

I drank 64 ozs of Gatorade with that powder, whatever it is, mixed in it, that cleans your system out, and had a serious case of acid reflux today, and I take 20 mg of Omaprazole every morning for acid reflux

It has continued to clean me out since Tuesday, and today was absolute hell..From what I understand, Sinemet/Stalevo is absorbed through the small intestine, and if there is and kind of choas going on in there, the pd meds do not absorb..I took four 200mg Stalevos, and got one hour of on time untill 7 pm tonight..I was getting on and off dykinesia all day like my meds were trying to kick in, and when I wasnt dyskinetic, I couldnt move and was in agony

Finally I took a teaspoon of Zandopa, took a nap, and got up feeling medicated, and now at 11:15 pm, I am feeling great

Evidently, because of pd, my body doesn't process that colon prep med, and flush it out of my body

Thank God they didnt find any polyps this time, and I dont have to have another Colonoscopy for 10 years, and depending on my health at that time, I may choose to never have another one again..The fast, beat the **** out of me as it was..I was very weak on Wed morning

Has anyone else had this experience?[/QUOTE

Yeah, those things aren't fun. I'm curious though. Have you ever tried drinking a couple of spoons of apple cider vinegary in a glass of water for your acid reflux instead of taking that medicine?

]
24HrShck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote