View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamsLikeStitches View Post
O.K. all you "Veterans" where is this going? ....
HELP!!!!!
My experience was similar to Liza Jane's, and my PN is small-fiber. It started out feeling like athlete's foot in both feet, rapidly getting itchier, turning to burning, followed by numb areas, intense surface pain, intense pain between the metatarsal heads, and periodic "electric" shock that kept me up all night for a few years. The pain ranged from 6 (hard to concentrate) to about 8 (excruciating) I could barely hobble back then, and had an application for handicapped parking at home ready to fill out (I never did).

In contrast, about 12 years later, I just came back from a vigorous 45 minute walk with my dog, about three flat miles. Yesterday we went to the San Diego zoo, up and down hills for three hours, came home, and walked the dog for an hour. As I type this now, my feet are tingly and a bit achy, a pain level about 1 or 2 on the 0 to 10 scale.

It's much better now, but I still have some pain, some partial numbness, general achiness below the knees, and occasional "electric" shock. For what I do for it, see the stickies. I have several posts there.

BY THE WAY!!!! THERE'S NO NEED TO YELL!!!!! We listen for whispers and keep those threads alive as long as needed.

Be patient. This is a chronic disease. It can get worse very quickly depending on the cause (ex., acute nerve poisoning or some infections) but that is rare after the initial acute phase. Noticeable changes usually are measured in six month or annual increments. That includes improvements, and many of us have experienced that.