View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolineb211 View Post
Hi

For the past few days I can smell something quite strongly, it is there wherever I go so it is not something at home. Is this a symptom of PD?
Caroline
uhhhm, i've lost half of my sense of smell, with a few exceptions.

it's kind of hard because it was really strong foul smell, to me, however, no one else seems to detect or smell it. after a few episodes, and dr visits, sure enough it was a sinus or ear infection starting. at least, i have a bit of warning.

at any rate, on a good day my shampoos, shower gels, conditioners and dish soaps smell wonderful.

on an off day they all smell like boiled cabbage and onions. mayhap, a good scent for food, not so much for hand lotion, shampoo or dish soap, eeeewe.

i try to keep a good variety of strong citrus (lemon, grapefruit, or certain berries) or plain soap scented sundries on hand to off set the days of everything smelling of stinky feet and boiled cabbage.

some perfumes or scents are too strong and i can taste them, some don't even bother me, i can't smell them.

accck i know my sense of smell is having an off day when my chanel no. 5 smells like cabbage.

ahhh but i do love the scent of a dark rich coffee, leather and hoppe's no 9 (a gun oil)

hope it helps
toadie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiran.rai (10-04-2012)