View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 06:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty SLC View Post
Pretty much the same here for me as well. I've been using NB926's. I get them in a 5xwide and a size longer then I wear and mainly use them as slippers. It's mandatory where I work that my shoes be all leather so this has complicated it. But I now have a desk job and when I'm sitting at my desk which is 90% of the time off goes the shoes as fast as I can. When I drive or really anytime I sit down off comes the shoes. Even at church where I'm in a pretty seen position. Everyone knows my problem but it was really hard for me to swallow my pride. It's just that most ppl I've ran into with PN wear shoes so I wonder if I'm worse off then most, that's why I asked. If I had to wear shoes and stand all day at work I would maybe last a month before the pain would break me down to a non functioning employee. Thanks for sharing.
You're not alone, Marty. I've only found shoes that hurt vs. shoes that are torture. Even loose socks hurt. But I've figured out this week how to (somewhat comfortably) rest the back of my legs on a seat cushion placed atop an overturned wastebasket under my desk at work. The point for me is to have nothing touch them. So I've been wearing sandals, then taking them off so I'm, yes, barefoot. Nobody can see. During the day having them not touch anything is enough. Nightime is another story.

Tramadol: worked very well for a short period of time and then not at all. Vicodin has no effect either. But I seem to be the exception, so don't anyone go by my experience.