View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
For me serequel was not for the pain it was cause my mood was everywhere and also supposed to aid in sleep. For me it did not help with the sleep but may have helped with my mood. I was having outbursts of anger and up and down moods. I am better at that then I was but I also have learned how to cope better with things. So not sure. My friend who has RSD takes serequel and before barely slept and with it she sleeps so well. So it has helped her.
Cymbalta I was on 120 and now 60 and I don't feel any different. I had no issues with lowering it. Just make sure you follow what the doctor suggests

Perhaps my long-experence with Cymbalta may be useful to you, as I have used it on and off since 2005. While doing so I have gone off it many times, and in doing so developed a protocol that works very well.

First of all, if I have been on full-strength (60 mg /day) for less than one month, then discontinuing it will not be that difficult. In that case, I simply go from 60 mg / day down to 30 mg / day for one week and then discontinue. I might have a bad day or two but thats about it.

However, if you have been on 60 mg for several months or more, then a much more gradual tapering process must occur. I will first go to 30 mg / day for two weeks, and then 15 mg / day for another week. I will then discontinue completely and wait for the side effects (ringing in ears, brain zaps, ect.), which should then last no more than a day or two.

You will start noticing the withdrawl symptoms once you slip below 15 mg /day, as that seems to somehow be an important threshold in the brain.

I hope that this helped!

David
Apollo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nsw43 (05-27-2011)