Thread: rsd
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 07:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffburns View Post
hi all.can you all help me out.i am 48 years old and i have crps and i can work no more than 2 hours per day,i am found to be 75% disabled by the workers comp judge. i am thinking of setteling my case.can i be on ssd to help me with money problems an still work 2 hours per day.i live in new york state .thank you so much for helping:

Short answer to whether you can work 2 hours a day and still qualify for SSDI benefits, is yes. But the answer you need is much more complicated than that.

First thing to do is file a claim for benefits. About 2 out of 3 claims are denied. Many of those are appealed. The appeal process can take several years and you still can be denied. Your worker's comp benefits and settlement may reduce the SSDI award even if approved.

If you have a worker's comp attorney, you may want to see if he/she is also knowledgeable about SSDI (or can refer you) and start asking if he/she thinks you have a viable SSDI claim. But you also need to know that delaying filing can mean you lose potential monthly benefits.

Go to socialsecurity.gov and read everything you can find about disability benefits. No one at a web site can predict how your case will turn out.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote