Thread: Munchausen
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 01:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMarie View Post
I found after 14 years going through various w/c cases, that when an IME doctor comes up with a far out syndrome, and spent 30 minutes with the patient, that is favorable to your friend.
Judges do not like so improbale unlikely diagx by IME doc's. The doctors credicility of whom is more likely the better credibility is weighed by the judge. If their doctors hav long history with symptoms consistant with RSD, and put it next to doc that spent 30 minutes and came up with something even the judge is not going to buy...lol, he will say your friends doctors are more credible then the IME doc.

The judges know these doc's get paid for their opinion, and since they are not the treating doctor can get away with saying such unreal stuff...but that makes them look nutty to judge, and your friend is really great shape.

If he came up with auto immune, or lyme disease not realted to accident or injury then that is more challangable. I mean at least soemthing believable. But this is so far off the charts even the judge will chuckle under his breath when eh reads the report.

I would not be surprized if the w/c ask for another IME in six months, and receive another diagx more believable....It always comes down to whose doctor is more credible!
Dianne
Hey there - This is what we thought too as she is working closely with several doctors and has been for the duration of her condition. She has had all the tests to rule out anything else, has had the same dr's regarding her condition, and is still with the same hospital/clinic group, has made almost all of her appointments, etc. (Not even close to the symptoms that someone with Munchausen has) So we thought that with it being so far out of the park that it just might help her, instead of hinder.

She is just frustrated and angry and we are as well, she asked that if there is any research out there or write ups against the association she could forward them onto her attorney. I told her we would see what we could do...thanks for your help and your thoughts, we will forward them onto her.

HubbyWithRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote