View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Tricia, I honestly have no side effects from Prozac. I guess if I quit taking it I might notice a difference in my mood. I was taking two 20mg. capsules a day. It was prescribed to take one in the AM and one at noon. I just took them both in the AM. About a month ago I decided to try just taking one 20 mg. capsule a day. This would make my supply last for 2 months instead of one. I've only taken one 20 mg. capsule each day now for a month and have had no adverse reaction nor can I tell a difference in my mood. So......I just take 20 mg. a day now. Prozac is a cheap med (generic) so even if I had to bump it back up to 40 mg. a day it wouldn't be a big issue.

I would say that, for me, it's a mild med. I was put on it when I was taking Betaseron and just never came off of it. Things are stable for me now and I don't want to rock the boat!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (05-25-2011), SallyC (05-25-2011), tkrik (05-25-2011)