View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 12:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bob!

I had IICP because I got a concussion and it got worse for about six months before they figured out what was wrong with me. It was purely aweful!! The accident occurred in July and I finally had a spinal tap in Jan which relieved the pressure and I've been on the road to recovery ever since.

But I was diagnosed with PCS because I was getting so much worse until that time and now the doctors wonder if the iicp caused more damage that I am now healing from.

I was hospitalized in Jan for sever spinal tap headache and then put in a rehab hospital because I was unable to walk for months before the spinal tap and needed help to walk again.

But I was not hospitalized before then, and I couldn't walk. I couldn't function at all by myself. If I had to rely on myself to get my own food and water, I would have become dehydrated and malnourished. Luckily, my boyfriend took care of me. My dad was trying to get me into a home for people who have tbi's, but it seemed unreachable at the time.

Luckily, I am doing much better now and hope to return to driving and working at some point in the next few months. I was very healthy and active and worked an average of sixty hours before the accident and when I start working again, it may only be part time.

I think the hospitals and medical care have changed since you were put under observation and I would certainly agree that you are not the average concussion patient. I want to let you know that I'm very sorry you have to deal with this, it's really aggravating and frustrating from my point of view that you do.

I certainly hope you are doing much better! And continue to improve!

~Kim
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote