View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Oh No Saffy

Your news of the happenings seems the opposite of the intentions of the whole process! When I was programmed, and the rep sat me in front of a computer to have me manipulate the screens and sensations because only the patient can truly feel what is occurring. Working alongside me, the rep had me proceed through programming four programs to my remote control, all according to what felt right to me. I do have a favorite among the four and it runs roughly from my lower lumbar region down both legs, as I need stim in both, although the left leg is my primary sore spot. Then, utilising the remote once within a program, I may manipulate signal strength as you referred to attempting so you could walk.

YOUR situation, on the other hand, seems as though you were programmed by another individual. The only manner in which they can determine what to do for you is through oral communication about what is happening as they manipulate the controls- likely the most imprecise method of programming at all. Then they give you a single program? I do not understand! Alternatives are usually presented so the patient may alternate, because given choices one can ultimately learn that a particular approach is more appealing than another. BUT to be told to wait it out until 20 June to get in for a followup..... it seems inhuman, when the signal is causing discomfort right now so that you are not even using the unit at all.

I hope and pray that you get this matter resolved and soon, for the approach in your case is not supposed to be the end all of the "game." I felt relief instantly from the moment of programming because of the manner and method by which my rep and I approached the situation. I truly appreciated this hands on approach as the patient's approach to and understanding of pain is wholly subjective. No external measurement source exists which is effective. Thus, when I was at the keyboard with the rep watching over my shoulder, I was able to receive the results I needed, and get this, I have never needed a tweak session afterward as has been the case with so many whose experiences I have read on here. NEVER. The programs I set in my remote have been helping me manage pain effectively since 30 June 2010.

Given what I have read among others, I am wondering whether my rep approach is distinct among all companies. To me, it seems the only rational means to an end of patient receiving maximum relief from the process.

Anyway, I am praying for you Saffy that in the meantime you have or are provided SOME means to manage pain until the June appointment.

CARING MUCH zz gently,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (06-25-2011)