View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 03:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Because PCS is highly frustrating, it is easy to let it get the best of you. That is exactly what I did for about the first two years. I found myself very angry all the time at the things I could and still can no longer do. I beat myself up all the time about these types of things and I truly think it may have made it worse back then. Finally, one Neurolagist talked me into talking to a therapist. At first, I was against this idea because I didn't feel depressed, I just felt very angry. After seeing the therapist on two different occasions, I started to see things in a different light! I walked out of his office with a much better outlook on dealing with PCS. Am I happy that I've had this for almost three and a half now??? Heck no! But I am now more at ease about living with this on a daily basis. Sure sometimes I still get a little mad at myself every now and then because I can't do the things I used to be able to. But overall, I have found a way to just take this one day at a time. My motto is whatever happens, happens. Maybe this is kind of a carefree attitude, but at least I'm not highly ticked off every day anymore. The way I see it, things could always be worse than my situation anyways.

Biggest advise I can give is, don't beat yourself up about not being able to do certain things. Try and give yourself plenty of rest, as this can really make you feel better. Set goals for yourself, little and big.
sunshine77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote