View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default old post about ssdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidx View Post
Hi everyone-

It has been a while since I have been here but wanted to come back and start a new thread on Small Fiber Neuropathy.

I have been "blessed" with non length dependent small fiber neuropathy (since approx 2006 or so but confirmed in 2008) and was wondering if any current members are dealing with this condition, what they are doing for it, etc.

I am 36 and live in the NYC area.

Thanks very much,
David
Hey David, My name is Rich and I live in Virginia, I have been out of work for over a year now and have been living on my wife's income and 50% of my income thru an employer paid LTD policy. They say it is 60% but don't include bonuses which in the last 24 years has been about 20% of my income. Anyway I had knee replacement and severe arthritis and peripheral polyneuropathy and the pain, burning, sensitivity, numbness, muscle, lack of coordination, the neuropathy and arthritis since 1976 progressive and worked 50 to 70 hours a week 75% on my feet using over counter pain meds and dealing. after knee replacement symptoms got so severe that no longer could deal. The LTD ins had me send them a note from my Dr. monthly stateing I was unable to do my present job this kept up for a year, then I lost my job and health ins that goes with it, lucky for me I has a service conected disability so I could go to the VA medical center about 45 mins away, where they rechecked my arthritis and neuropathy where my Dr. there found severe arthritis, and both sural nerves no response in NCS. I asked him to write me a note for work and Ins. he said would send it to me, the next week when it came it said I was unable to maintain gainful employment and am considered permently/totally disabled. which is important wordage because ssa determines if you can work another type job thus gainful employment and also ssa requires you to be disabiled for 12 months or expected to be so. also unlike LTD ssa doesn't pay for partial disability. but if you do quality for your company LTD policy and the Dr. determines you to be permently/totally disabled your LTD Ins. Co. will pay for a company ( usually a co. called ALLSUP ) to get you approved for ssdi because ssdi offsets what yhey have to pay you. Hope this is info you still need and helps.
ridehard2208 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nervous (05-26-2011)