View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 04:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default For Sheryl...

Hi...just wanted to say that from my own experience,when a thread belts along at the pace that this one has,often a post is read "on the wing"as it were,and replied to in much the same way. When we go back and re-read ,DOH ! we realise that the words that we have responded to suddenly come across in a different light to when first viewed. The times that I have done that in my early days of posting,and I guess will do so again. What a complete PLONKER you feel I can tell you.The important thing is that if and when that happens,it can be sorted out amicably. You said nothing out of place.

Your post was a good one....you hit the target when you said that the beginnings of life were very much tied up in peoples religious beliefs. And in my opinion,there lies the danger.For even within the realms of religion...we are presented with varying degrees of morals and ethics.I guess there are those who would argue ...but the fact is you have the extremists,the fanatics,who take things to the limits,sometimes beyond all sense of rhyme and reason.Those who are hellbent in wiping out folk from another sector to themselves,and who hide behind the mask of "religion." You have those who for example,won`t allow a loved one to have a blood transfusion,all in the face of "religion.." How cool is THAT? Letting a loved one die because of their "belief." I have rubbed shoulders with people who call themselves Christian because they go to church every Sunday and can quote the bible word for word.At any given situation,they`ve got an "impressive" spiel which rolls off the tongue,delivered and spat out with conviction,yet for the rest of the week do sod all to help their fellow man.Believe me,some of my worst "let downs" and disappointments in people,have been from fellow so called "Christians."
And then you have some non believers,who would risk their own lives to help someone else...folk who on a regular basis,not just Sunday...live a good life,and who are a delight and a joy to be with.Who is living the right way here? Yes...as a Christian the bible is my blue print for life.But we have to be sensble and realistic and bring it into todays century.Not to make it fit and dance to our tune,but to keep a reality check.

This is what I was trying to get over in my last post...but probably wasn`t clear enough...the haziness of where stuff begins and ends.
Moral ethics should be inherent in all of us,regardless of individual beliefs.And the bottom line is,we should all follow the path of what "feels" right to us...and do what our own consciences tell us.
Keep posting your stuff Sheryl. Thank you for your valuable input.
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote