View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 06:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ...thought I had shaken you off!

Gooooood morning, my dear parkie-family!

I got a message from Lee saying you guys had asked about me, and I'm ashamed to admit that for a number of reasons (too lazy, too unmotivated, too much shoulder pain to type, probably all related to the ingestion of STALEVO, plus the fact that my daughter and family are now living nearby and I've been busy adoring my grandson, I had stopped logging in altogether.

Last year I was taken off Selegiline, which in combination with levadopa used to do wonders for my state of mind, but since the migraines just got too frequent and too long-lasting I was advised to drop it. Now I have bearable headaches, but I'm just listless and - what is worse - I'm becoming pessimistic.

You know I don't like posting negative things and I won't.
I have my neuro appointment next Monday and will definitely negotiate DBS surgery now. Charlie and Lee you both are great inspirations and I'm not afraid of the surgery at all, just didn't want to get wired yet...

There's not much new to tell, other than a wonderful storm from the sea is raging outside, gale force winds whipping the rain against the window panes, while I sit here, cosy and snug at my computer, hoping the fishing fleet is safe. Steven, you KNOW what I'm talking about. It's impossible to take a walk on the beach front promenade, the wind will knock you down - especially if you're a talented parkie, with no sense of balance, like us!

I'll make some boiled rice with mushrooms for lunch and have a baked apple for desert. Has anyone noticed how good apples and everything apple-related, from cider to vinager, is for PD?

Hugs to all
Teresa
Teretxu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote