View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 01:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldeerster View Post
Or, put another way, can PD patients who are not on any dopamine replacement therapy eventually develop dyskinesia?

I thought the answer was kind of obvious myself, considering it's called Levodopa Induced Dyskinesia.

But, the reason I ask is because I've had two widely respected neurologists give me two completely different answers. One of them, an MDS, says that the disease causes it, not the drug.
This is a fundamental question that is asked by all PD patients who are regularly put on l-dopa medics. Another similar question: Should one try to take minimum dose or follow an aggressive dosing from the start as many neuros advocate nowadays… and weather the choice between the two approaches makes any difference to the time and severity of dyskinesia and other side effects of l-dopa. I think it is outrageous that with billions of dollars spent on research and after 50 years of using this drug the medical establishment are not able to answer these questions. Or perhaps they know the answers and would not tell us!
"Thanks for this!" says:
krugen68 (05-27-2011)