View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 09:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I think one who cannot gain weight should look to hyperthyroid issues, first thing. Certainly there are people who are genetically efficient in processing carbs and other fattening foods well.

But increased thyroid activity can lead also to weight loss issues.
This revved up metabolism eventually burns out the heart and other organs. So it needs to be looked for and corrected if present.

Severe or chronic diarrhea or fast transit of food thru the GI tract can also lead to weight loss issues.
Doctor G did a test and I'm going thru menopause and I think you are right. I have asked if it could be hyperthyroid and he says all my levels look good. Maybe I should go into an ENT. Not sure. I do know my D levels are low and I take vitamin D and D-400 twice a day, and vitamins. What should I do? Push my doctor harder? I have always been a small person, but not 90 lbs ! I would like to see 120 lbs and I would be spitten happy. I just feel so down in the dumps lately. It is summer time and I can't do alot and I spend most of my days in my house or in bed. Thank you for responding.
2Hopeis? is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote