View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Trig Elizabeth Smart vindicated!

The trial of sex pervert/kidnapper Brian David Mitchell is over at last!

He kidnapped Elizabeth from her bedroom when she was only 14 and held her captive 9 months, raping her nearly every day.

She is so poised and beautiful. She was able to address him face-to-face Wednesday in court before sentencing.

"I want you to know that I have a wonderful life now. No matter what you do, you will never affect me again. You took away nine months of my life that can never be returned. But I know that in this life or the next, you will be held responsible for what you have done and I hope you're ready for that when it comes."

Bravo, Elizabeth!!!

BDM said nothing. He wouldn't look directly at anyone and just sat there and sang hymns, only softer than normal. (He's been thrown out of court nearly every time because of his behavior.)

Her father, Ed, also addressed him: "Your perversion and exploitation of religion is not a defense. It is disgusting and it is an abuse that anyone should despise. You put Elizabeth through nine months of psychological hell."

Judge Kimball sentenced the creep to life in federal prison. His step-daughter visited him and asked him if he wanted to write any statement. He told her he didn't want to. "He said, "The world isn't ready for what I have to say."

Coincidentally, it was National Missing Children's Day, a cause which the Smart family is heavily involved in.

Sadly, the TV show which was "instrumental in first identifying Mitchell as a suspect in Elizabeth's disappearance" America's Most Wanted, has been canceled.

*The quotes above are from an article in the "Deseret News", written by Pat Reavy.

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (05-27-2011), barb02 (05-28-2011), Blessings2You (05-27-2011), Dejibo (05-27-2011), ewizabeth (05-27-2011), Judy2 (05-29-2011), nemsmom (05-27-2011), SallyC (05-27-2011)