View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 08:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
which finger did you hurt? How did the screw go into your finger? Did it slice it, or did it go straight in?

My aunt was bitten once on the tip of her middle finger. (she was plucking hair out of her cat, and the cat bit her...wouldnt you? Not sure why she was plucking the cat)

Within hours she had a bacterial infection in her arm. She nearly lost the arm...if she hadnt gone to the hospital when she did (6hrs or more later) It damaged the nerves in her hand and arm. Pain went from her middle finger up to her shoulder and caused her pain in the neck and jaw.

It took her months to recover. She had to have the original bite injury cut open and cleaned, and they had to cut her arm open from the wrist to elbow to clean out infection there. (or so I was told. I didnt look at it when she offered to show me...eewww) Pretty sure she had to do a ton of physical therapy to get her hand and arm back in working order.

She got rid of the cat (dont worry, she didnt hurt it, she gave it to a friend who loves the thing)

I wonder if the screw that went into your finger hit a nerve...you might want to call your regular doctor or your neuro and see if you can be seen today.
Right index finger!!! Well, it almost sliced off a big chunk of skin. Lots of blood. I washed it out, put the skin back, applied ointment and a band aid.

Plucking ear hair from a cat? What/Which hair? Was it a really furry long haired cat? Ok, I was a groomer and I have plucked many dog ears...but a cat? Hmmmmm.

So i called the family doctor and was told to come in for a tetnus shot. Called the neuro and ofcourse did not get a call back.
Motors Mommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote