View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 12:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Ribbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrowle12000 View Post
I have central apnea and it has devistated my life since I was fifteen. I have had no energy since then and lost several jobs through exhaustion.

I fell completely apart when seeking mental help during my last job. I fell apart lost physical control, burning in my legs and dillusional because of exhaustion. I began to lie so as not to loose my job, home, family and my wife.

I collapsed and the doctor after a while sent me to a sleep study and was diagnosed with the disease. I have used the machine and all the physical problems have gone away except exhaustion (most of the time); however the shame and mental part has remained. I am going to go to counseling ; however, I want to know if anyone else has made up their own world, like me. I think its ridiculous now that I feel; however, the damage is done. My problem is I can not communicate very well until now except for in short sentences or small jokes. I have problems dealing with my feelings or the real world. It seems the machine has thrown me into reality and now want to explain it to everyone and that I need help.

Dan
Hey Dan, My name is Rich I have complex sleep apnea which is both obstructive and central when dx in early 90ies I quit breathing about 350 times in a 5 hr study and quite a few times as long as three minutes. The tech that did the study told me the next day she (In 30 yrs.) hasn't seen a case that bad with out the individual either in the nut house or having severe heart trouble, she also said I have probally been living with it for about 20 years and when I quit breathing my heart rate slowed and seemed like my body learned to adjust to it. However for years I fell asleep a lot even while driving, and days when really exhusted my realality seemed to shift a bit and I had to maintain to keep from going off the deep end. The machine help a great bit but you need to keep a good sleep schedule eg try and go to bed the same time nightly. I had a job where that was impossiable until I spoke with supervisor 2 levels up to get them to work with me this is a disability they would leave me on days 2 weeks them nights 2 weeks this halped a little more but having a am shift or pm permanently would be better, and this should help with your exhaustion. hope this helps thanks Rich!!
ridehard2208 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote