View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

RSDjaded this is my opinion about families coping with our condition from my experience with my mom. My mom tries to protect me by not showing her emotions etc through my condition. I know though that she cries from all I got through and the impact it has on her life. I would rather her talk to me about it then me worry about her hiding things. I also think when you don't talk about things it builds up inside and it comes out in anger or makes one more depressed. I think it is also important to find somewhat happy things you both can do together. It can be hard but like when I was living near my mom we would play board game or watch a comedy show etc.
Have you looked into if you insurance covers therapy? Mine does not but some do. Also there are free support groups for rsd and chronic pain in general. My mom went to one.
Kathy I can really relate to you and feeling alone. I am also single and live now in a different state from the only support I have my mom. The rest of my family is not understanding. It is hard to meet people when one is so limited with the pain. I hope one day to be able to volunteer or work again so I can have more people in my life. For you too.
Hang in there all.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dd in pain (08-10-2011)