View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 06:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsw43 View Post
What dosage did you take? They typically prescribe 60 mg for neuropathic pain but I started at a much lower dose and even had problems with that, so I can only imagine what 60 mg would be like as an initial dose.

If you want to keep trying it, back off the dosage and see how it affects you. I have found it does block the pain very well, though I understand different people have different reactions.
The dose was 30mg, I felt awful for two days and haven't taken it since, the pain did subside that night but I can't risk feeling that way again.
I may go back to my GP and ask if he can start me at 10mgs( if that is possible ).
I am also taking imipramine and wondered if two antidepressants is too much although the neuro said to take both.
Are you able to function normally taking Cymbalta, my worry is that I become so doped up that I can't perform my job or my family duties properly- this happened with my dad( he existed going from bed to sofa and became a social recluse, no life for anyone and he was still in pain )
malawigirl08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote