View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 01:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone-

Thanks so much for the follow up on this thread.

I contracted lyme disease at some point and was treated very aggressively for a long period of time and although there is debate about the topic, it is possible that the lyme disease caused my SFN.

I have had repeated skin biopsies done over several years now to track the progress of the disease. The small nerve fiber densities continued to get worse and worse until I started receiving IVIG treatment. After only a few months of treatment, the nerve fiber densities actually began to increase for the first time and my symptoms improved. The story continue to unfold, however, and I am not clear at this point exactly how I am doing, etc..but I am going to get more answers in the not too distant future i hope.

It's believed that I have an auto-immune type of SFN which is why the IVIG helps me but there is no blood test that I know of to confirm this. I haven't tried neurontin but have used small doses of lyrica in the past which may have helped a bit with the symptoms.

Has anyone tried any other medications that have helped with auto-immune related SFN?

Thanks again for the help.

-D
davidx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote