View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

hi spud welcome to neurotalk.

my high school senior son is a soccer player. plays select and will be playing in college.

about a month ago he did his usual fancy stuff during a game. yep...the ole ball to the head. knocked him out cold. coach had him continue to play. naturally this happened at a game i had missed.

major concussion. so far all the tests have come back fine. the headaches have stopped.

it is a risky business to let them play again after a concussion. it sounds like your daughters injury was far greater than my son's. he had no problems except the headaches.

imo i would make sure your daughter is just as informed as you as to the risks. this will help if you and your wife decide no more soccer. in the end...her brain function is the most important thing. as much as she loves soccer, it isn't worth permanent injury.

i have had this discussion with my son and his friends. they live for soccer. but they all understand....they love life and the potential they have more.

on a side note...if she ends up not being able to play, she can coach. here in texas they recruit the high school players to coach the kids. it's very rewarding. my son enjoys that. he even teaches private lessons.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-24-2011)