View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 04:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

I am blessed in so many ways that it would take me months to write it all down. So for the sake of time, I will say:

1. I am blessed in that I have a wonderful mother who doesn't mind that her 25 year old daughter cannot take care of herself. She has welcomed me home and taken care of me. She understands me more than anyone else, and I would be totally lost without her.

2. I am incredibly blessed that God used my trip to Mayo (this last week and next week... and more to come) to help me to forgive the doctor I was so upset with and hurt by from last year.

3. Moreso, I am blessed that this same doctor that I was upset with is the one who is taking a stand and saying (unlike my neurosurgeon who did my SCS implants) "I will not just accept that the SCS won't work for you. The trials gave you 100% relief. The permanent aren't working--we need to investigate and find out why and try to fix it so you can get your life back". Finally--a doctor who isn't giving up on me just because I am not the standard textbook patient.

4. I am blessed by a good start to my trip at Mayo. It's long, but if you'd like to read about it, you can look here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahmae

to all

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (05-28-2011), Rrae (07-17-2011)